Penstocks are conduits, normally made of steel, used to convey water from the reservoir to flow downward to the turbine with the force of gravity.
- Sizes ranging from 0.5 to 15 metres
- Wall thickness from 6 mm to 75 mm of extra hi-tensile steel.
- PES Engineers is one of the few companies in India with in-house penstock design capabilities.
- Most number of underground projects handled in India by a company.
- Steel liner of 1.5 kms at Parbati HE. One of the longest inclined power tunnel in India.
- Detailed engineering, hydraulic design, structural design for NTPC at Koldam, Himachal Pradesh
- Manufacture and installation of pressure shaft steel liners at Teesta 3 project which is one of highest shaft ( 650 meters) in the world